Saturday, November 15, 2014

Original piece of poetry

Phoenix

Poetry is not for me
No lyrics about a bumblebee
Or shooting stars from way up high,
A gloomy, cloudy, gray-blue sky
Mine is the prose
Reality
The falling leaves from an autumn tree
Beauty around for all to see
We walk together, you and I
And discuss the happiness of days gone by
Blown and shattered on a whim
Unfixable, the light’s gone dim
On the winds our dreams were carried
Our emotions long since buried
Amidst the ruins of yesteryear
And the lakes of salty tears
Now laughter is once again our friend
And friendship the beginning, not the end.

1 comment:

  1. I love this poem!!! It's so good! I like that you called it Phoenix. I picture the friendship you talk about rising from the ashes the way a phoenix does when it is reborn. You are very creative! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete