Sunday, December 7, 2014

Fictional Hero

Who was my fictional hero, you ask? I am assuming you are wondering about a fictional hero from a book, not a movie, since we are in a Child's Literature class, not a movie class. I thought long and hard, and the only 'hero' that I would say I loved was Obelix, the fat ("Who are you calling fat?") guy from Asterix and Obelix and here is why.

Obelix is a super sensitive guy and the things he loves the most in the world are wild boar, his little dog Idefix, and his best friend Asterix.  The things he does not like are Romans, and when people call him fat. He also does not like it when the druid gives the whole village a sip of his magic potion, that makes everyone invincible, and he skips Obelix. The druid does this because Obelix fell into the vat of magic potion when he was a baby and as a result already is invincible. His feelings easily get hurt.

Obelix is an easy going guy, and he can let most things slide. As long as he has his friends and his dog by his side, he is fine. He loves to dive into fights with the Romans, and he does so with gleeful gusto. Not because he wants to hurt them, but because he knows that at the end of the fight, which they always win, there will be a big party with lots of wild boar!

He is my hero because he is a gentle soul and he will always do right by his friends. He does not have a mean bone in his body and he looks at life in a pragmatic way. Asterix is always the leader in the stories, and he is the loyal side kick. He is my fictional hero!

1 comment:

  1. Leive,

    Thank you for being such a pleasure in class. I have seen you grow tremendously as a writer, blogger, and teacher. In fact I now look forward to reading your work. I know this is especially difficult when English is not your first language and the technology is so new.

    ReplyDelete