Sunday, October 19, 2014

Third Book Club Meeting



We held our third book club meeting via text again. It was problematic to meet this way, but with everyone’s schedule being different, and everyone living in different towns, it could not be helped.

We discussed how Jimmy’s and Kevin’s character are changing.  Jimmy is thinking about what Duke and Cap are saying, and he is even talking about these talks with his mother.  He seems to be taking the lessons from Duke and Cap to heart.  Kevin, on the other hand, is not.  He came into the barbershop one day with bloodshot eyes, and I think he might still be smoking weed.  In the beginning of the book I liked Kevin. I thought he was working well at school, and he was just caught once with pot-bad luck for him.  Now, however, I do not like him much anymore. He is snooty and arrogant, and I have the feeling he is looking down on everyone in the barbershop.  When Duke invites Jimmy and Kevin to go to a basketball game, Kevin does not show up. I think this was rude and inconsiderate.


I also get the feeling that Duke prefers Jimmy over Kevin, and I don’t know why I feel that way.  Jimmy thinks the opposite is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment